The J. A. Komenský Memorial was officially opened in 1992 on the occasion of the 400th anniversary of the birth of Jan Amos Komenský. The memorial is located in an old, historically protected granary. The two-story stone building with a stucco and whitewashed façade dates back to 1774. The front face of the building features a wooden gallery that extends over the width of the front facade with an entry door and a pair of small windows on the ground level. The gable ends of the building are also masonry and it has a slate roof. The overhanging front roof provides a protective covering for the wooden gallery. The old granary houses a permanent exhibition devoted to the history of the town and to the life of J. A. Komenský. The memorial is open by appointment (tel. 572 641 140).
The town has also reestablished the Jan Amos Komenský Society, which is responsible for the management of the memorial.